Location: Michigan – Flexible, remote, hybrid or in-person work an option; workspace may be available at affiliate offices; administrative headquarters in Benton Harbor
The Director, Strategic Partnerships will champion innovative partnerships and collective work that leads to community-level changes in education and employment, expanding and deepening services for Michigan’s most vulnerable youth. They will establish new and maintain existing partnerships that serve thousands of youth annually. They will develop robust relationships with local, state, and/or national organizations, inclusive of both the public and private sector. And they will lead collective outcomes modeling aimed at high school graduation and post-graduation success alongside private sector, non-profit and school district executives and a range of community partners.
We’re looking for an experienced collaborator with a track-record of success in building partnerships that drive business outcomes. When this role succeeds, so do Michigan’s youth.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
1. Establish new and maintain existing partnerships to serve thousands of youth annually.
- Position Youth Solutions services as the mechanism whereby all Michigan Works! youth-focused programs are delivered with intentional focus on vulnerable and disconnected youth populations.
- Solidify new programming through contracted services and partnerships with school districts, non-profit organizations, Adult Education providers, and related entities.
- Expand contractual partnerships with school districts, governmental entities, non-profits, and intermediate school districts with no or minimal cost burden to Youth Solutions, emphasizing value-add services.
2. Expand services through robust partnerships with local, state, and/or national organizations.
- Identify and partner with other non-profits with mission alignment to fill gaps and services aimed at Michigan youth.
- Increase collaboration with JAG National Network, identifying other JAG National states with aligned plans to pursue collaborative network initiatives, build multi-state coalitions, and support fund development.
- Explore new national partners to add to the portfolio of services and solidify partnerships with board / leadership support.
- Establish partnerships with the private sector through corporate partnerships, employer engagement, chambers of commerce, trade unions, and trade organizations.
- Establish partnerships with postsecondary education utilizing the employer engagement framework.
3. Pilot collective outcomes modeling and scale statewide.
- Work in tandem with the Executive Director to establish collective outcomes modeling in support of education and employment goals
- Pivot aspects of Youth Solutions funding model to grantmaking in support of Collective Outcomes Model and partnership emphasis.
- Replicate and prepare to scale proven model components.
4. Support advancement of the organization through revenue diversification efforts and the establishment of a trusted brand.
5. Serve as a people leader for the organization’s talented staff.
6. All other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal skills. This person must be able to work with external organizations and agencies, requiring the ability to relate well with a wide range of people and values.
- Ability to work with other executives to define short and long-term goals, strategies, and initiatives, and connect with internal and external stakeholders to solidify partnerships and position for success.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, strategic, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to utilize creativity in solving complex business problems with a “get-it-done” attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate use of extensive career experience and utilization of wide networking connections to further promote Youth Solutions’ mission
- Proven in his/her ability to develop opportunities from ideation to execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of success executing/implementing a variety of projects.
- Ability to obtain and utilize strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program(s) growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, including educating a variety of constituencies and interested parties about Youth Solutions’ services by developing ongoing relationships and making formal presentations.
- Acquire personal qualities of excellence, leadership, remaining solutions-focused, and being collaborative with commitment to and passion for Youth Solutions’ mission.
- Ability to identify, articulate and implement new practices and systems.
- Ability to work independently while handling a wide range of commitments simultaneously, with a keen ability to prioritize and execute.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as word processing.
- Ability to proficiently use technology as a management reporting tool.
- Master’s Degree
- Work experience: ten or more years of professional experience in business development, sales, fund development, government or non-profit leadership or a related field
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.